Sunday, September 21, 2008

Calling out to God

Today this mama called out to God. He answered so faithfully. It all started with the realization of not meeting a goal I set out to achieve 12 weeks ago. This goal for some would be totally reachable. For me however, I failed. I wanted to lose 8 pounds by Sept 22nd. I have lost 5. Unless God preforms a miracle, those other 3 pounds will still be there. I have contemplated just not eating between now and then, but have thought better of it.

From this realization, stemmed the overwhelming feeling of not being able to accomplish all I want to in my day. I home school 3 kids while the 4th tries her best to do every possible thing to interfere. Yes, I have given her things to work on, special work, toys, even a movie. It hasn't worked so far. I have a large house to keep clean. Six people create some serious laundry. Six people eat a lot of food as well. The cooking for them can be a chore. Then there is the daily trip to the gym for Grace's scholarship plan. She does competitive gymnastics. (She has God given talent. Saturday was her first meet of the season. She got 1 gold, 2 silver, and 1 bronze.) Then there is football for Cameron, violin for Cail, gym for Ellie, co op for school, MOPS, Board of Christian life, OMAC cooking, date night. Did I mention I work outside of the home 2 days a week. Oh, I also want to be a "nice" wife, mother, and friend. How does on person do all of this. Well, that was my complaint. I can't get it all done. I can not do it.

I had no energy for concentrating on the food and exercise. I put me last. And now I will pay for it.

So, here is what God said, I know this is the part you have been waiting for. "Tricia my dear, YOU CAN'T! But, THROUGH ME AND ONLY THROUGH ME YOU WILL." Only as I lay my life down at the foot of Jesus will I be able to accomplish anything. My verse for this week will be 1 Peter 3:8-11 here is what it says.

"Be self controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To HIM be the power for ever and ever, AMEN."

God will restore me, and make me strong. Get behind me satan, I have Jesus on my side!!

Are you calling out? Has He answered? I would like to hear.

3 comments:

Amanda Pittman said...

So celebrate the 5 you DID lose! Awesome job!

SentimentsbyDenise said...

I love this post! Your honesty is precious. No, you can't do it all...but what you ARE accomplishing as a wife, a mother, in your home, your church, at work is amazing.
God's grace is amazing, also, and He will give it to you lavishly - I'm praying for that!
Thanks for sharing your heart.

Adrienne said...

I see what you mean ;)

And yes, I have called out for many things from God. Sometimes, it seems like a grocery list, unfortunately. Most recently, I have realized how much He has blessed me with friendships with strong Christian women.

I am so thankful for your friendship, Tricia. :)