Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My Favorite Shoes

They are discontinuing my favorite running shoe. I can not believe it. It has been the only shoe I have bought for the past 7 years. (I usually walk in them) I have heard rumors of them being discontinued, but now it is for real. If anyone sees an Addidas Boston in a size 10.5 buy them for me please.


These are my old shoes. They are now yard shoes. I think I have had these for over 15months. They are way beyond being decent walking or running shoes. I made them last as long as I could. When I could no longer stand them, I was talked into trying some Asics SuperNova's. I was told by that sales person they would be the most comfortable shoes ever. Well, they are not. They don't even look as cool.







They will work for now, but I don't think they are the most comfortable shoes ever. Do you think if I call Addidas, they will make them just for me?

I doubt it too. Well, I do know this, running is hard. Why didn't we decide to walk the Mini???

Silly us. I am going to do it though. I think I can run about .25miles now. YIPEE!!!! Ok so it may be a little more than that. Keep me going please.

3 comments:

A Romantic Porch said...

Hey, you can do it! I walked ran along behind a tiny bicyclist (is that spelled right?)today for about 1.5 mi. Yay! She's tired! um so am I! xo rachel

SentimentsbyDenise said...

Running IS hard - ugh! I don't see how you do it!
Walking is more my speed. I reintroduced myself to my treadmill this morning. We're going to be good pals!
I walked the Mini two years ago (after doing the Susan G. Komen two weeks before that) - I vote for WALKING!
As far as the mini goes - if you change your mind about running, you can "bump" down to walking and it doesn't affect your registration ( I assume you registered online and got your placement assignment? They continue to send emails throughout the year and you have the opportunity to bump down - it just puts you farther back in the lineup).
BUT, I don't want to discourage you if you set a goal to run the Mini! By all means - GO FOR IT! It'll get easier as you continue training.
Baby Steps, Tricia!

Adrienne said...

You can TOTALLY do it! I know you can! :)

And as for the shoes, did you try shoe carnival? you could stalk them on the internet and find a pair SOMEWHERE i bet!