Saturday, August 2, 2008

RUNNING!!!!

Ok, so this is what I am going to do. Run. Run 13.1 miles in April of 2009 to be exact. Perhaps 26.2 miles in October 2009. Right now. I can run to the end of the drive way. But, God willing, and a lot of hard work, I will be able to do it



My first run was Friday morning. I did a lot better than I thought I would. I am following the Hal Higdon's training guide. 10 min walk, 30 sec jog, 30 sec walk, (keep the 30/30 up for 15 min) then 5 min walk. I also had to push a stroller filled with 100 lbs of children, keep two other children from crashing into each other while riding their bikes ( I am sure they were hitting tires just to see how much I could talk and run, the lecture came inbetween huffs and puffs). This is a lot of work. But, I think I will make it. I did not run today, Saturday, because freezer cooking for the night gals was last night. They did not leave until 1115PM!!! And I had to be at work bright and early at 7am. I did not awaken at the planned 5am, but rather 615am. Had to leave the house by 630. So, needless to say, no running today. I will run tomorrow. I promise!! I need you help me out.



So, why am I running? First, I need to lose 20lbs. Second, I want to prove I still got it. If you know what I mean. After birthing 4 kids and years after turning 30, I need to do something that lets me know I am still a hottie. Third, my friend Amy asked me to do this with her. And the 5 other people I suckered into doing this will be watching to see if I actually do it. Fourth, and probably most important, God tells us to be a living sanctuary for Him. I need to take care of my body in order to use it for Him.



Wow, that was a lot of words!! Hope you did not get to board!! Stay tuned for more details. I promise, I will give the oldest two the camera and you can watch first hand the struggles of this Mama calling out to the Lord to give her wings.

4 comments:

A Romantic Porch said...

Ok sweetie, It's always been a goal of mine to run a mini...maybe a full marathon some day! I didn't realize you wanted to also. I know you can do it! I've thought about blogging about my desire to run a mini, it's just kinda hard to put it all out there for me at least. So how do you know, "ok now it's time?" I'm rootin' for ya! Cheering you on! xo rachel
P.S. Thanks for the hug!

Adrienne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adrienne said...

Ok so I didn't spell check my first comment, so here goes again:
1) I don't like being called a sucker.
2) You've definitely still got it, mama.
3) My calves might explode when I stand up from my computer desk.
4) You are right, this will put us into better shape to serve Him.
Thanks for being my friend,
Adrienne

SentimentsbyDenise said...

You are an inspiration, girl!
Walking is more my speed (literally!) and I'm going to get it into gear this week! I've had two "repair" surgeries since April, so I'm finally feeling like I have some stamina to get back to my walking regimen.
Keep posting about the strides you're making because they inspire us (and another way to stay accountable).
Have a great week!
Denise