Sunday, October 12, 2008

Loving the Excitment!!!


What a crazy weekend. I am so proud of my kids. It started Friday night. Cail the rock star tried to jump the ramp with his little sisters bike. I am sure he was trying to do some crazy stunts. The kid has no fear. Good thing we make him wear a helmet. He would probably still be in the hospital. So, he jumped, missed, landed on his face. Smashed his helmet and busted his chin wide open. Spent 4 hours in the emergency room getting it stiched. He only cried when they numbed him, and when I sat on him to keep him from kicking the Doctors.


Grace had a gymnastics meet. We traveled to Lafayette. Left late, got lost, but arrived in time. She rocked it though. She placed 3rd all around. Was thrilled to get two 9's. The best part for me was her attitude. Not once did she whine or complain. She did not pout, or say ugly words about anyone. This is a huge improvement for her.


Cameron won his first play off game with the NPYFL. He plays for the Longhorns. Cameron is easily the biggest team on the field. Now, one might say this is a good thing for a football player. It is; he can run over just about anyone. There is the problem. I am his mother. I hear the other moms say things like,"They put a big kid against my 75lb son. Then they put an even bigger kid on him." Yes, my son is the EVEN Bigger Kid. I feel bad my son is stomping on them, but I am glad he is not getting stomped on. Today he is playing the semi-finals game. GO LONGHORNS!!!



Ellie and her friend Blaklei caused trouble as we were leaving the gymnastics meet. The two of them decided it was time to leave, and they could leave on their own. I found them in the parking lot. These two are trouble when they are together. What one doesn't think of the other does. Neither of them are afraid to try it either. They will have many great years together as long as Blaklei's mom keeps coaching gymnastics!!

2 comments:

Amanda Pittman said...

Must be the full moon!! Check out my blog:)
Sounds like you had a busy weekend! I don't know how you do it all, but you do!
Looking forward to MOPS this week! I'm working on getting it all out tomorrow:)

Childbirth4God said...

I am SO not looking forward to the hours I'm going to end up spending in the emergency room with both kids. Mamie is a monkey and will climb anything in her path. And, Timothy... Well, he's a boy! Enough said.

I can see where having the 'big kid' on the team could be a positive as well as a negative. I mean, you're glad that he's not being trampled, but then you also hear comments from the mothers of the kids that ARE being trampled, lol.

I would love to put Mamie in gymnastics. I think she'd love it. I'm so glad a positive attitude was evident. It can be really tough sometimes to keep a positive spirit in competitive sports.

Troublemakers? I think Mamie is definitely going to fit right in with that category. I'm sure I'm going to have to keep a close eye on her and her friends as she gets older. But, I'm sure that your positive influence on Ellie and her friends will rub off. ;)

Looking forward to MOPS this week. See you there if not before. :)

Love ya,
Amanda